May I try to put the childish, irrelevant “furious backlash“, as reported today by the BrBC (British remoaning Broadcasting Corporation), into some logical context?
You may have guessed that I am for leaving the EU by now 😉
The remainers have been told effectively to shut by Boris.
Hurrah for him!
This is why: our MPs are simply ignoring the wishes of the British people.
In 2016 the people were asked by our government to make the decision, for the government, to either leave the EU or to remain.
This simple question was easy to answer.
More people voted in that referendum than had voted in any general election since had Noah floated across the Straights of Hormuz.
Those of us who voted to to leave won, or so we thought.
Back in 2016 we didn’t know or care about about “a deal”. We just assumed our politicians had the job of competently removing us from the pile of poo that is the EU.
Back in 2016 we had never heard about the Customs Union. We didn’t know the implications of a deal or no deal.
Back in 2016 we didn’t even think or care about the Irish border complexities. Our dear competent politicians would sort that out.
Back in 2016 we just assumed that the politicians would calmly and competently remove us from the disastrous future created by Maastricht in 1987.
Back in 2016 we did not know why we were being ruled Herman Von Rompuy, or who he was. We did not know, or care, who the President of the EU was, or why there were 4 other parts of the EU that made the whole thing completely undemocratic, by design!
There were many other things about the EU that we did not know about either, we did not care. We just wanted out!
It had nothing to with economics or most of the argument we later heard ad nauseam from the remainers who could not accept that they had lost the most direct form democratic of vote we have.
The following describe my reasons for leaving the EU.
- was in 1975 an trade union (we had a referendum to decide that). The EU became a political union in in 1987 (Maastricht: no referendum on that!)
- is undemocratic by design, more so after Maastricht,
- is faceless (go on, tell me who Herman Von Rompuy is?),
- is financially incompetent,
- has disregarded failed audit reports for over 20 years,
- is intent on creating a federal European state ruled from Belgium (Maastricht),
- is intent of creating a European Army (Maastricht),
- is intent on supporting global business to the detriment of the people’s benefit,
- is run (until last month) by a corporate tax avoidance specialist; Jean Claude Juncker
- is designed to support Germany first, France second and everybody else third (the Euro created by Maastricht),
- has created agricultural subsidies that make no sense unless you are French or German
Finally a few words from Daniel Hannan MEP. A touch of humour to cheer you all up!